Originally posted by Arnold Rothstein:
Personally, I wish the Hyman Rothstein scene was left in. One of my favorite aspects of PtII is the interplay between the two stories, past and present. I think much of the sadness of the Michael segments comes from the contrast to the young Vito segments. It's quite moving, after Michael and Roth's deadly battle in Cuba, to show Young Roth's interaction with Young Vito. Just to think that this kid Vito takes under his wing would, some 35 years later, be in a life-or-death power struggle with Vito's son.
Welcome to the Boards!

I agree with you. It would be a nice touch if they would have added that scene. It would have been one of the rare instances where the parallel stories in Part II actually come in contact.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin