If a comedy fails, it doesn't by default become a drama. That doesn't make sense, at all. Right, don't mislead people, by telling them this is a dramatic movie.

As if drama and comedy are mutually exclusive terms, anyway. (I think comedy's opposite is by definition tragedy, with drama, whatever that means, somewhere in between, or caught in the wilderness; but whatever.)

I've said it in another thread today, too, but the way you're using comedy, Irish, by definition, means there is no room for criticism. You're using the term as a criticism in itself, a positive criticism. It means that if you call something a comedy, it is by default very funny and worth seeing.

Wrong. There are loads of shit comedies out there. American Pie is a comedy, but I don't find it funny at all. It certainly isn't a drama, it is by stylistic conventions, a comedy. Add "teen" in front of that to signify its target demographic, but it's still a comedy.

Comedy doesn't mean good nor bad, it's just a shorthand label to describe a work's conventions. If a comedy fails to make you laugh, then it's an ineffective comedy. It's still a comedy, it's just not very good.

Know what I mean...?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?