Originally Posted By: Beth E
I actually saw This thing of ours with Paul last summer when I was in New Jersey. It's a good movie for fans of the mafia. Not a blockbuster by the least. Just wanted to add it to my Frank Vincent collection. It's sort of like a memorial to Paul.

Johnny Slade's greatest hits? That sounds like a winner. Does he die on the can too?

I'll let you know when I see it.

Plot Summary : Johnny Slade's Greatest Hits is the story of a struggling lounge singer who could never get a break. Johnny's luck changes when he lands a gig at a hot new club. Little does he know that the club is owned by a former high-profile mob boss, now in hiding. The Dean Martin wannabe soon learns his "Greatest Hits" are more than humble tunes. As his popularity rises, Johnny begins to draw a strange correlation between the songs that he is asked to perform and the morning newspaper crime reports

Sounds as though it could be a fun movie. Hey, what the heck. How many times have we thrown away $20 - $30 going to the movies to see a flick that wound up sucking big time? So I figure for a $13.99 DVD I'll take my chances.

I actually ordered it along with 2 Andrea Bocelli CDs. I was $5.00 short to qualify for free shipping so I added it in with my order. So truthfully it really only cost me $9.00 because I would have not qualified for free whipping if I did not throw it in and then would have had to pay the $5.00 for shipping anyway.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.