Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Midnight Cowboy ***
(Second Viewing)

Texas greenhorn Joe Buck (John Voight) arrives in New York for the first time. Preening himself as a real 'hustler', he finds that he is the one getting 'hustled' until he teams up with a down-and-out but resilient outcast named Ratso Rizzo (Dustin Hoffman). The initial 'country cousin meets city cousin' relationship deepens. In their efforts to bilk a hostile world rebuffing them at every turn, this unlikely pair progress from partners in shady business to comrades. Each has found his first real friend.

Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight put together some really great performances. Definitely better the second time around and I LOVE the film's soundtrack of Everybody's Talkin'

I haven't seen Midnight Cowboy in years. Dustin Hoffman was wonderful in that film. If I'm not mistaken, at the time before or even when it was released they gave it an "x" rating. Anyone else remember that? Even though it was a serious movie, one of the most memorable lines.... "I'm walking here!" Ha ha

Btw, I'm sure you all know that Jon Voight is Angelina Jolie's father.

TIS

Yes, such a loving father figure, she absolutely f*cking hates him. I hate him for ANACONDA alone, but thats another thing.

MC is a really good movie, and whats funny about that X-rating is, the director approved it. He thought the subject material wasn't appropriate for young people, with guardians or not, to watch it at the time.