The kids are ready to walk out the door for school at 7:15 this morning. I remind my oldest daughter that she typed an essay yesterday for US History class, and does she have it with her? Nope, it's still sitting in the printer. Oops!! The printer only printed out part of the first page and had a paper jam, so we now have to reprint all three pages, but luckily her laptop was powered up, so that didn't take TOO long.

Then, I remind my younger daughter to take her science project to school. Her father and I were gluing the printout to posterboard and burning the power point presentation to a CD at 10:00 last night. By the way, while the kids were eating breakfast, the cat jumped up on the dining room table, picked at the corner of one of the pages on the poster and started chewing it. That was quickly taken care of with a glue stick, though, and I told her to tell her teacher that the cat ate her homework.

We FINALLY get in the car 4 minutes late (believe me, every minute counts on school mornings) and my daughter tells me that she can't find the CD for her science project. May I remind everyone that all she had to do was walk from the dining room to the garage with it, and managed to lose it. We ran back in the house to look for it, but it was nowhere to be found. Meanwhile, my older daughter is screaming that she's going to be late for school, that she has a Chem test first period, and that she's going to get a detention for being late, on top of missing valuable moments for her test (and the way she's doing in Chem, she needs every second, trust me).

Well, we still can't find the CD in the house. I tell my daughter to run out to the car and see if she put it in her backpack. She finds it on the seat of the car. She couldn't find it originally because she was sitting on it.

We finally drive off to school 7 minutes late, and 3 minutes before my older daughter's first bell. At red lights, between screaming the words, "How many times have I told you kids to have everything ready the night before?!", I'm scribbling an excuse note for my older daughter so that she won't get detention, and finally dropped them off and came back home.

I was just wondering if these things happen to other people, or is it just the complete and utter anarchy that reigns in my house?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club