Lets consider something else here, and forget Sharpton and Jackson. Those guys are fish in a barrel. When Trent Lott made his intemperate comments about Strom Thurmond, and when Rush Limbauugh made his comments about Donovan McNabb there was a virtual firestorm in the white mainstream media calling for their heads. Same thing happened to Jimmy the Greeek and Al Campanis years ago.

If you look at who appears on Imus' show as regular guests, it is a who's who of the white media establishment, many of whom are falling over themselves telling Imus he can redeem himself etc. etc. In other words these people are his enablers (see today's Wall Street Journal Op Ed) and they are happy to get him off the hook with a two week suspension so they can all go back on his show, pontificate, promote their books and television shows and otherwise maintain their high profiles. sHouldnt Imus be subject to the same sanctions and criticism as Limbaugh and the others?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."