GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 354 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,447
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,435
Posts1,060,921
Members10,349
Most Online992
04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Double-J] #383711
04/10/07 10:11 AM
04/10/07 10:11 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #383713
04/10/07 10:19 AM
04/10/07 10:19 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Snake, if someone called you a dumbass redneck white trash incest-baby, then apologized, then called you a resident of the asshole of Tennessee, then apologized, then used a bad stereotypical hillbilly joke(Q: What's the best decade in a Tennessean's life? A: Third Grade!), you'll get tired and just sock it to him.

Actually, I get that, or something akin to it, about every other week. I work in Memphis and our corporate office is in New York. At least twice a month, we have these "Yankees" come down and imply as much, all in jest, of course. My reaction? I laugh right along with them, and even make a few funny Southern observations myself...Like how when the zoo here put on a live-action dinosaur exhibit with robotics, some Memphians wanted refunds because they thought the dinosaurs would be REAL! (True story!)

Yeah, Imus should've known in this PC-world-gone-mad that some moron somewhere would find offense (Sharpton and Jackson live for that). But unless someone's physically attacking me, my family, or my friends, I couldn't care less what spews out of their pie-hole. I got out of being offended by words in grade school.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Snake] #383721
04/10/07 11:17 AM
04/10/07 11:17 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I am not an Imus fan, but I say that he has done enough. He did the best that he could to right this thing.
Still Sharpton's and Jackson's need to keep this thing going to stay in the spot light. He is now their whipping boy. This months poster child.

I was so glad to see Imus go back at that piece of shit Sharpton on the Today show. Enough already,
Imus got beat up for over two hours on Sharpton's one sided radio show yesterday. This must be the new punishment for anyone they can blackmail once you do something wrong. Sharpton is a thug, and after what Sharpton did with Tawana Brawley, 20 years ago, he shouldn't be so quick to talk.
In fact the people should be ashamed of their community for letting Sharpton take the lead. In fact they should be ashamed for all their own people who use these same words and expressions. Clean up your own house first with these Rap Stars using words I wouldn't dare to say in public, after all didn't Jackson call New York "heimeytown" and I didn't see or hear them condemn the Mayor of New Orleans from things he said either. No Imus is to easy a target to pass up.

Folks, the world will never be pure and problem free, but lets face it this crap is getting out of hand

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: fathersson] #383726
04/10/07 11:33 AM
04/10/07 11:33 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

This is not about Sharpton who needs absolutely nothing to become "outraged" and get his face on television, nor about Jesse "Shakedown Artist" Jackson. It is about Imus.

While his initial comments were offensive, the real problem is a pattern of racist commentary by him and his crew for decades.
Worse, in two of his miserable self pitying rants he has LIED.

Yesterday he denied flat out that he ever called Gwen Eiffel a "cleaning lady." I actually heard him when he said it.

Today he said he had made the comment, but that it was back in the Reagan Administration. Wrong again it was in the Clinton administration in the 90's.

Like so many things his cover up and excuse making is going to turn out worse than his initial mistake.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: dontomasso] #383730
04/10/07 11:43 AM
04/10/07 11:43 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
We're turning into a nation of wimps. Poor me...I'm a victim... have pity on me...he looked at me cross-eyed...make me feel better. Christ, it's disgusting.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: olivant] #383732
04/10/07 11:45 AM
04/10/07 11:45 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Couldn't have said it better.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: dontomasso] #383733
04/10/07 11:46 AM
04/10/07 11:46 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I agree Don T.

I detest Sharpton because I think he's a hate mongering opportunist, but that aside, this has been a pattern with Imus and his crew that's been going on for years.

Don't forget Sid Rosenberg, who did mornings with Imus, was fired for saying that Kylie Minogue wouldn't get any work with a "bald head and one titty", on the day she was to start breast cancer treatments! Ironically, he's in Miami now, your home state, Don T.

I know that morning radio is all about shock and flaunting one's freedom of speech but sometimes they just cross the line.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: pizzaboy] #383740
04/10/07 12:00 PM
04/10/07 12:00 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
What Imus said is WRONG. It's that simple. He degraded both blacks AND women, and he should be punished. And his "apology" seemed rather insincere to me. How is his apology and suspension pandering to a PC world? He has made racist remarks for years, or permitted them on his show. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: olivant] #383745
04/10/07 12:16 PM
04/10/07 12:16 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Imus is an asshole.

I support his right to be an asshole.

I will exercise my right not to listen to his asshole show.

The whole point of freedom of speech makes it easier for me to know who the assholes are and avoid those assholes accordingly.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #383746
04/10/07 12:17 PM
04/10/07 12:17 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
What Imus said is WRONG. It's that simple. He degraded both blacks AND women, and he should be punished. And his "apology" seemed rather insincere to me. How is his apology and suspension pandering to a PC world? He has made racist remarks for years, or permitted them on his show. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Yes, you are right, let's take him out and hang the son of a bitch! Strip him down naked, hang him from a tree and let the whole team whip his old tired ass. Then put him in the stocks and let everyone who would like have a wack at him!

Now where did I put that can of tar?

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Saladbar] #383747
04/10/07 12:18 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good post salad.

Here, in a nutshell, is my opinion on freedom of speech:

Just because you can say something, doesn't mean you should.

That's it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Saladbar] #383748
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Saladbar
Imus is an asshole.

I support his right to be an asshole.

I will exercise my right not to listen to his asshole show.

The whole point of freedom of speech makes it easier for me to know who the assholes are and avoid those assholes accordingly.

Yes, Yes Yes.....now here is something I can stand up and cheer about!

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: fathersson] #383749
04/10/07 12:34 PM
04/10/07 12:34 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
The general feeling that I'm getting from this thread is Don Imus is an asshole. No argument from me there.

The second feeling I'm getting from this thread is Al Sharpton is an asshole. No argument from me there.

I say we should put the two of them in a steel cage and give them socks full of bull shit and let them beat each other's brains out. Put it on Pay-Per-View, sell tickets.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #383752
04/10/07 12:42 PM
04/10/07 12:42 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Ah, gee. Degraded? Poor things. How about a stuffed animal? Would that make you feel better? Does someone need to kiss your boo-boos? "He's a mean man, mommy."

Last edited by olivant; 04/10/07 12:42 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: SC] #383757
04/10/07 12:53 PM
04/10/07 12:53 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: SC

I say we should put the two of them in a steel cage and give them socks full of bull shit and let them beat each other's brains out. Put it on Pay-Per-View, sell tickets.

That, or let them settle it by way of a beauty contest. \:o

Actually, the only purpose Sharpton's over the top reaction serves is that it may make Imus a little more hesitant to make such racist comments over the air in the future. That, coupled with his suspension, might curtail the pattern of comments, to which don tomasso alluded.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: SC] #383758
04/10/07 12:55 PM
04/10/07 12:55 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: SC
The general feeling that I'm getting from this thread is Don Imus is an asshole. No argument from me there.

The second feeling I'm getting from this thread is Al Sharpton is an asshole. No argument from me there.

Yes, with Geraldo Douchebag Rivera as Special Guest Referee!

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: olivant] #383761
04/10/07 01:03 PM
04/10/07 01:03 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: olivant

Ah, gee. Degraded? Poor things. How about a stuffed animal? Would that make you feel better? Does someone need to kiss your boo-boos? "He's a mean man, mommy."

On the contrary, the women, who were the subject of Imus' vulgar sketch, have exhibited more class and maturity than Imus ever has. They represented their university and advanced against the odds to reach a championship game, after which a jerk with an audience demeans them by calling them "nappy headed hos."
Just as Imus enjoys freedom of speech, so to those offended are free to express their outrage. I haven't followed the aftermath of this story closely, but I don't believe any of them stooped to his level.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Snake] #383762
04/10/07 01:04 PM
04/10/07 01:04 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Snake
Snake, if someone called you a dumbass redneck white trash incest-baby, then apologized, then called you a resident of the asshole of Tennessee, then apologized, then used a bad stereotypical hillbilly joke(Q: What's the best decade in a Tennessean's life? A: Third Grade!), you'll get tired and just sock it to him.

Actually, I get that, or something akin to it, about every other week. I work in Memphis and our corporate office is in New York. At least twice a month, we have these "Yankees" come down and imply as much, all in jest, of course. My reaction? I laugh right along with them, and even make a few funny Southern observations myself...Like how when the zoo here put on a live-action dinosaur exhibit with robotics, some Memphians wanted refunds because they thought the dinosaurs would be REAL! (True story!)

Yeah, Imus should've known in this PC-world-gone-mad that some moron somewhere would find offense (Sharpton and Jackson live for that). But unless someone's physically attacking me, my family, or my friends, I couldn't care less what spews out of their pie-hole. I got out of being offended by words in grade school.

You have more patience. I would be giving one of those damn Yankees a Jerry Lawler*-patented piledriver by the end of that conversation.

*=King of Memphis!

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: pizzaboy] #383765
04/10/07 01:08 PM
04/10/07 01:08 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Good post salad.

Here, in a nutshell, is my opinion on freedom of speech:

Just because you can say something, doesn't mean you should.

That's it.

BTW there is no freedom of speech on terrestrial radio. Speech is governed by the FCC.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: olivant] #383767
04/10/07 01:16 PM
04/10/07 01:16 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

So, people should make public statements that are racist, mean-spirited and degrading? And the people who those remarks are aimed at are just big, whiny babies for being offended? I don't understand what you're saying. And who said that the women that he belittled have acted like children, which your post seems to have implied? I think that SC, in his usual pithy and succinct manner, has summed it up the best.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #383769
04/10/07 01:21 PM
04/10/07 01:21 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Looks like Imus will have to meet the Rutgers women's basketball team privately.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #383770
04/10/07 01:25 PM
04/10/07 01:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I watched their press conference this morning and I'll say this, these young women displayed alot of class, more than any of the shock jocks ever have.

Good for them.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: pizzaboy] #383777
04/10/07 01:37 PM
04/10/07 01:37 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I watched their press conference this morning and I'll say this, these young women displayed alot of class, more than any of the shock jocks ever have.

Good for them.

Female athletes are true student-athletes, very, very few of them ever make millions in sports. They are students in the truest sense of the word and some of the finest ppl I've ever met, class and debonair abound.

He's going to feel like an old weed surrounded by roses when he has to look those women in the eye.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Ice] #383779
04/10/07 01:39 PM
04/10/07 01:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good post Ice, I couldn't agree more.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #383793
04/10/07 01:59 PM
04/10/07 01:59 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Looks like Imus will have to meet the Rutgers women's basketball team privately.

Yeah Right., Private! How much do you want to bet that Sharpton and Jackson will get they noses into this meeting?

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: pizzaboy] #383813
04/10/07 02:29 PM
04/10/07 02:29 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
This is horse shit. For two reasons.

#1 Al Sharpton the asshole is nothing more then a black/man version of Gloria Allred.

#2 If Imus said white trash or something else, no one would hear about it in the news or even be pissed.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Don Vercetti] #383827
04/10/07 03:05 PM
04/10/07 03:05 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
 Quote:
Lighten up America, we have much worse things to worry about than this insignificant bullshit. The comment was said in jest and not in a malicious way. Ever heard of global warming, Iraq, Islamic terrorism? Time to get our priorities straight. Stop playing into the hands of racist assholes sharpton and jackson who thrive on exploiting these "incidents". These professional victims are only concerned with furthering there own agendas at the expense of their own people. Imus, I lost all respect for you after you bent over for sharpton and the rest of those pc assholes. You are a disgrace for appeasing them.

I read this and it says it all.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #383864
04/10/07 04:27 PM
04/10/07 04:27 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

So, people should make public statements that are racist, mean-spirited and degrading? And the people who those remarks are aimed at are just big, whiny babies for being offended? I don't understand what you're saying. And who said that the women that he belittled have acted like children, which your post seems to have implied? I think that SC, in his usual pithy and succinct manner, has summed it up the best.

SB you are right, and from some of the posts here you can see who the not so closeted bigots are (AND I MEAN YOU FATHERSON). Imus said a disgraceful thing, and these idiots want to put on their white sheets and use it as an excuse to condemn Sharpton and Jackson. In other words rather than addresss the real issue they want to change the subject and use it as a way to advance their own agendas.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: dontomasso] #383876
04/10/07 05:05 PM
04/10/07 05:05 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I always knew you were a bigot, fathersson. ;-)

Sharpton and Jackson don't need anyone's condemnation...they do that well enough on their own. All I'm saying is you people harpin' on "hurt feelings" obviously haven't been through anything really harsh in life. Trust me, there are far worse things which would make someone calling you a "bad name" seem like a picnic with strippers. Jeez, I wish I had a crayon to write with...

And clearly there's the ol' double standard....AGAIN. If I don't approve of certain programming on TV, I'm told to not make a fuss and try to censor the networks, but rather just change the channel. Fine. Then don't get up in arms over Imus or similar idiots. Just change the channel, don't buy their stuff, etc., etc. That's what folks did with the Dixie Chicks incident and those boycotters were still ostracized for doing so! Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't...It must be a real talent to be able to talk out of both sides of the mouth.

Hurt feelings...sheesh. I wish all I'd ever had to deal with in life was hurt feelings...

Last edited by Snake; 04/10/07 05:06 PM.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Snake] #383891
04/10/07 05:52 PM
04/10/07 05:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Because I'm offended by what Imus said and think that he got his just desserts, that means that I've had sunshine and rainbows and puppies and daffodils my entire life? Snake, you are not naive enough to believe that. Nobody in this world gets a free pass, and everyone has had their fair share of heavy loads that they must carry. That's life.

Does this mean that I think that anyone is right to hop on this bandwagon? No. I think that anyone who uses this incident to forward their own agenda is loathsome. But what it does mean to me is that Imus did a wrong thing, and he should pay a price.

That's what I try to teach my children. Nobody can truly stop you from doing things in life, but there are consequences. If more people today understood that simple lesson, I believe that the world would be a better place.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull