Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
MIDNIGHT isnt a mafia comedy. A mafia comedy is a movie that who's primary premise is that its a joke on the Mob and its stereotypes.

MIDNIGHT RUN is a buddy movie mixed with Road Trip movie...and pretty good at it.

Thank you Mr Strasberg, for telling me what a buddy movie is. Would I be correct in stating that Bing Crosby and Bob Hope invented the genre, with their "Road" movies ?

Okay, back to mob comedies, MY BLUE HEAVEN ?

I educate for free!

Sorry, didn't care for MY BLUE HEAVEN either. Rather damn silly as it is, but eh whatever.

I think the problem I have with mob comedies is that the mafia in reality, and shown in media, is just too easy to ripe up for parody. Plus, many such movies that tried to attack an actor's mob cinema legacy (i.e. DeNiro/Caan) just don't work either.

ANALYZE THIS had a good idea: What if a major mobster gets psychologically unraveled? I mean, its potential...and instead of focusing on DeNiro having to fight back tears while slicing some prick's thumbnails off, it becomes a buddy movie with Crystal...

As for MICKEY BLUE EYES, Hugh Grant just sucks. He always did, and now he's basically the go-to guy for Hollywood Romantic Comedy parts for British Male(unless he wants too much, Colin Firth is on the horn).