I was discussing season 6 part 1 with someone and they asked me what I thought about the pens that the Napels assassins(who killed Rusty)had on the plane back to Naples in episode 7. He told me that the pens were significant b/c Johnny Sac's brother in law(Anthony) brought Tony a pen in episode 10, that the pens were one of Anthony's new products of some sort.

I had to check it out....In the very final scene of Episode 7 Season 6 (Luxury Lounge) the assassins are on the plane home and one of them gloats(in Italian) about the beautiful watch he bought, then the other assassin whips out a box of 3 pens that he is very proud of. This is the last thing we see in this episode(the one w/ Ben Kingsley and Lauren Bacall) and the final music score is quite chilling w/ a classical guitar playing a very lovely and chilling Italian ballad.

Then....in episode 10 Season 6 (Moe N Joe) Johnny Sac's brother in law(Anthony) comes to see Tony. Tony and Sil are alone and have just finished discussing Tony's new interest in Carmela's housing 'career.'

Tony: Ah the lord of the lenses.

Anthony: Actually we just started carrying these
(presents a small bag)
The newest cross pen.

Tony takes the box out of the bag and examines the pen. 'Ah a roller ball.'

Anthony: You want a classic fountain version?

Tony( dissapointed): No. Sit down

They all sit down and then Anthony says he has information for your(Tony's) ears only. Tony says 'ah, that's why Sil didn't get a pen?' Room is silent, Sil breaks tension by saying 'he's fucking with you Anthony!' Everyone laughs, Sil leaves and Anthony delivers Johnny's New Orleans request.

So.... IF the assassins got these 'beautiful' pens (which episode 7 makes a point of showing us in the final scene) from Anthony, they must have met w/ Johnny Sac. I smell treachery here. The tension between NY/NJ has not involved Johnny, he and Tony have more or less been 'friends' throughout the ordeal. But if the Naples assassins met with Johnny Sac (for whatever reason, and I don't know how/why they would? ... BUT, it appears that they did ) then this could possibly signify treachery on Johnny's part. Johnny(who is STILL against little Carmine?) could be the one behind this whole NY/NJ rivalry, while Phil(who looks to be ready to reconcile w/ Tony) is merely the proverbial 'patsy.'

Again, the assassin scene w/ the pens is the last thing we see in episode 7. I remember at the time thinking how lame the ending of the episode was. But then these pens come along, madonne!!! \:o

Last edited by Ice; 04/07/07 03:00 AM.