Originally Posted By: Irishman12
 Originally Posted By: fathersson
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Yeah and everyone is going ga ga for Dice-K today with his debut. He went 7 innings, giving up 6 hits, 1 run, 1 BB, 10 SO with a 1.29 ERA. Not bad but it was against the Royals. Let's see him against a lineup like the Yankees, Angels, White Sox, Tigers, etc.

Your "Jerk" is showing again. Give the guy his due. If he was in pinstrips you would be shouting to the stars. No pitcher will be perfect and even the best pitcher may have an off day against any team. If memory serves me. Our Yankees were bombed more then once by the last place teams.

I said he didn't pitch bad but it was ONLY against the Royals. Let's wait until he faces a real playoff contending team (a la the Yankees, Angels, White Sox, Tigers, etc.)

He didn't just pitch OK or not that bad, he did great for a major league debut.
Discount his day if you really have to,(yes he was wearing a Boston Redsox uniform) but those who watched the game seem to think that he is the real deal. I know one thing, many people would give a right nut to have all their pitching staff do that well even against an off team as you post.
Sure, he may face harder lineups, but who is to say that he isn't going to get better as he settles in?

He looked like he pitched well, mixed up his pitches, his fast ball looked good and he also had some rather good offspeed stuff as well. He even handle some ground balls hit to him. I would give him a job well done, being his first time with all the attention and pressure everyone put on him.

but the old come back will still be, "Time will tell", but for now you have to give him his due, no doubt about it.

And we know you are praying for him to get rocked so you can
grin from ear to ear and say I told you so. But for now you have to wait. After all we have all be disappointed before on pitchers who were thought were the cats meow when they dressed in pinstripes.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!