Originally Posted By: Paul Krendler
There is an excellent documentary, made in 1989 and updated in 2003, called The Men Who Killed Kennedy. I believe that the History Channel broadcast three episodes in 2003 and were forced to take it off their repeat schedules and screen rebuttal shows. While that doesn't surprise me at all, I do think that everone should be given the opportunity of seeing these episodes. The original 1989 episodes can be purchased at Amazon.co.uk, but the 2003 updates can be found here.

It's actually available on DVD as a two-disc set...I know, because I own it. It's through A&E and the History Channel, I believe. ;\)

Originally Posted By: Paul
What do I think? The Mob were involved, and Ruby was the go-between. I also believe he was given the 'kill or be killed' order, but both scenarios eventually prevailed. LBJ's involvement? Not really convinced I'm afraid.

I too think that the mob was involved in some way, certainly because of the politics involved in the failed Cuban invasion and the problems with Castro. Given that JFK "agreed" to not invade after the Missile Crisis, it may have signaled to guys like Trafficante, Marcello, and Giancana that their interests in Havana were gone for good.

David Scheim has an excellent book called Contract on America, which details the mob's role in the JFK, RFK, and MLK assassinations (yes, that's quite a few "k's"). Also, for the Cuban connections, I "recommend" (its a fascinating read, but I don't know how much I really believe it) Gus Russo's Live By The Sword. I still have so much work to do on my senior thesis that I haven't finished it (I received it for Christmas a couple of years ago), but the Lamar Waldrom/Thom Hartman Ultimate Sacrifice does a nice job of tying the mob/cuban connections together, plus it has some good stuff from Harry Ruiz Williams.

My problem, outside of the general conspiracy, is still the day of the assassination. Gerald Posner's Case Closed really is troublesome for me, because I've always been fascinated with the grassy knoll and the umbrella man, but he does a pretty convincing job in proving the lone-gunman theory (particularly that the magic bullet really wasn't "magic"). I don't know. I'm one of those who are desperately waiting for more evidence to be released, but even though I'm in my early 20's, it still may be ages before we get anything really meaningful to go on.