I agree, DC. I think the writer's are getting back into their stride after a nearly flawless 5th season.

Warning, Spoiler:
The bar scene where Gredenko betrayed Fayed was fantastic. I kind of saw it coming simply by how easily Gredenko gave up Fayed to Bauer, but the way it was executed made it awesome. Fayed starts opening fire on innocents like a crazed lunatic, a whole bunch of guys tackle him and give him a shit kicking. Then Jack runs in like Superman and says "Federal agent! Hands off!" Then Fayed opens his mouth and Jack kicks him in the face.

As for Palmer...I think his medical condition is affecting his judgment. He basically said that he's doing it because he doesn't wanna look weak compared to Daniels. Plus...I think he has doubts about himself compared to his brother. I'm sure he's constantly asking himself "What would David do in this situation?"

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis