Popular Music can be music of quality. Sinatra achieved it in his generation. The Stones achieved it a decade later and Pink Floyd did a decade after that. But for every "I've Got You Under My Skin", there was a "Come on-a My House", for every Beatles song there was an appalling "Monkies" that were as equally successful and of course some pretentious cock sucker with a guitar trying to make significant music but no one equaled the members of Pink Floyd.

The public is unpredictable. It is a matter of the times that we live in. People have moved away from expecting quality. That whole pimple on God's ass that I call the 80's that saw a decline in cinema and music was the death knell for rock music almost. A tremendous period of genius and excess lead to the collapse of it all. Just like twenty years before, the big bands pretty much went the way of the do-do with easy listening pop, be-bop and rock & roll destroying it all.

I still haven't seen a truly great album since Nirvana's "Nevermind". In the old days, a musician went to a recording studios and laid down four tracks in a four hour long recording session. They could get an album out withing three months. Now with all the bullshit synthesizers and drum kits and post-production, it takes an artist over a year but we accept it. Why? A combination, really. We buy the shit and if we buy it, the record companies will produce more revenue. It's business, really. Not their fault. They are trying to make a buck and we confuse it for stuff they force upon us when the fact is that it's all some pretty fucked up vicious cycle.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia