Armageddon ***
(First Viewing)

After a shuttle explosion in space and a meteor shower in New York, a retired navy officer, Karl (John Mahon) discovers an asteroid the size of Texas on a collision course with Earth. It will wipe out everything living including bacteria. There's only one thing to do - drill a hole in the asteroid, plant a nuke in it, and blow it away. To do the job, NASA administrator Dan Truman (Billy Bob Thornton) calls upon the best deep core driller in the world, Harry Stamper (Bruce Willis) who leads his team along with A.J. Frost (Ben Affleck). With only 18 days to destroy the asteroid, it's a race against time to save all creation and prevent Armageddon.

This might sound a little strange coming from me but I have a new found respect for Michael Bay. I own Bad Boys and Bad Boys II and will eventually own The Rock and Armageddon. Let it not be said that Michael Bay doesn't know how to blow sh*t up and make an entertaining movie. He's really showed me something with these last 2 movies and I'd even go so far as to consider giving Pearl Harbor another watch in the near future. I think I might officially retire as a Bay basher. However, getting back to the movie, this is easily Bay's funniest movie. Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton and Steve Buscemi were all great. Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler were tolerable. Overall a great and noticeable cast. The special FX's were awesome as well, especially when some of the asteroids hit New York City and Paris.