Yes, The Godfather, Part III is flawed. But that makes me love it even more. Not more than the first 2 movies, but more than I should love it. It tried hard and succeeded on more levels than it failed. It could have been a lot worse, especially considering the amount of time that passed between parts 2 and 3.

And about the plot, I am wondering if it would have been more interesting to see Anthony make his way into the family, so that the trilogy would come full circle -- Michael was the one who was not supposed to become involved and now he experiences the same thing with Anthony. I imagine that the movie could have progressed the same way as it did, just with Anthony replacing Vincent for the most part and subtracting the love story, obviously. It was creepy enough with Vincent. I like the character of Vincent but I did feel it was a bit of a reach. All the sudden Sonny has an illegitimate son who can take over the family!

Other than that, I love the film. And the fan script I've been working on and off for about a year now involves Anthony becoming part of the family against Michael's wishes, amongst other things.