Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
 Originally Posted By: Double-J
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff
As for vinyl LPs and 45s, I still have all mine. Last year my parents got me one of those LP/CD/radio/cassette thingies so now I can play them again. I have too much vinyl that'll never be released on CD probably (bootlegs, singles, etc), so good to have.... But I am bummed that my 8-track player doesn't work any more!!

I'm actually in the process of converting some of the more rare LP's we've got into digital ones. ;\)

I picked up a TEAC compact lp to cd "burner" last year for my hard to find lp titles. I paid over $300, but they're coming down in price now.

I'm glad the technology is public now, because although I initially bought it just to convert my old records, I use it all the time just to play them. I love the smell of vinyl in the morning.

Now, if I could just find my father's old reel to reel tapes.

My system is a bit more complicated, but I like the results...I run a stereo jack into my audio card on my PC and use Adobe Audition to edit the files into individual tracks, remove all the noise and hiss and artifacts, and then burn them onto a disc. It works really well.

Actually, my next step is transferring all our VHS to DVD; I've been thinking about picking up one of those Hauppage WinTV cards, but I haven't done so yet.