I finished watching the Trilogy the other day, and I must say that despite the amout of criticisms I've read, I actually found GF III well done. It starts out as a reflection of GF I, that is, Anthony being like Michael was, wanting to go his own way, despite his father having his own plans for him. Vincent, like his father Sonny of course, is the hothead ready and willing to dive headlong into the Family. We also see the politics and intrigue of GF II present still, and Michael struggling to escape the Mafia life, because it has cost him so much already. The Trilogy has come full circle with the passing of the title of Don from Michael to Vincent, yet even in the end we see that nobody can completly escape La Cosa Nostra except through death. Plus by Vincent becoming the new Don, we see how someone who desired the position, i.e. Sonny, rather than someone who had it thrust upon him, i.e. Michael, handles things.

P.S. First post for me, hello everybody!

What do you think this is the Army, where you shoot'em a mile away?

You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing! you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit.