ARMAGGEDON is a piece of shit that is autuer Bay's ultimate retarded statement. Hell, Billy Bob Thornton in retrospect admits that if it wasn't for the cash, he wouldn't been 300 miles close to that turkey.

The problem with BAD BOYS is that it follows very closely the buddy-cop formula to the hilt, but I've seen it numerous times...and hell if I can ever remember:

(1) The villains & their scheme
(2) What did Martin Lawrence ever do to make him justified as a worthy cop protagonist? Will Smith is doing his jiggy with guns, but Martin is supposed to be a clown...except he's about as funny as a Nazi Death Camp.

If anything, what makes BAD BOYS suffer is the fact that it lacks "something" to make it worthwhile. It has the formula, but without anything unique gimmick added, it becomes an average-ass action movie.

BAD BOYS 2 though is just a mediocre 150-minute movie that is 60 minutes too long. Apparently, Bay intentionally kept alot of unncessary footage so to piss off his critics. It worked. That is very petty, since it kept his movie from playing as much in theatres as it could, and make a bigger profit.

But don't get me started on the fucking retarded 3rd act in Cuba. Miami cops take out the Cuban Army? Hey, I know its a banana dictatorship and all, but its an ARMY...and Miami police wouldn't exactly last long against an ARMY.

Did I mention the 5 minute car-ride from Havana to Guantanamo Bay? Jesus....

Thing is, Irish, you ever heard the story about Michael Bay and Ed Harris?

Short answer is, Bay got some bruises.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 03/16/07 12:43 AM.