If some of you can get past your hatred for part 3, lets talk. Haha, just kidding. But anyways, after Vincent bites Joey Zasa, Michael and him are talking and Vincent says (correct me if im wrong) "And all I want to do is protect you from guys like this, Uncle Mike." - to me thats the point when Michael really accepts Vincent as family, and that Vincent could come in really handy.... even though Mike didn't need anymore "tough guys". It seemed like Michael didnt accept Vincent as family, as he did with Andrew Hagen, because of Vincent being a bastard.... but as soon as he said he wanted to protect him, even though Mike really wasn't involved in anymore illegitimate buisness he took it as Vincent proclaiming his loyalty.

Another possible idea would be when Michael has Vincent take on the Corleone last name, but I think he wouldn't of had Vincent stick around so long if he didnt accept him already.

Anybody agree?, or even better have another idea of when Michael accepted Vincent? Or did Mike think of Vincent as family already?

"We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everybody had their hands out. Everything was for the taking." - Goodfellas.