Originally Posted By: Double-J
Karstens looks great, and as far as I'm concerned, his emergency work last year warrants giving this kid a role as the long man and spot starter in the bullpen, if not to say the 5th starter on the Yankees. He's certainly showed me more in a few starts than Pavano has shown me in three years.

I heard he was pretty impressive so I'm looking forward to seeing the kid. I'm sure he'll have at least a couple of starts this year. I know someone's gonna go down (Moose, Pettitte, Pavano, etc).

Hughes hasn't impressed me in Spring Training. I'm sure maybe its nerves, but his control just hasn't been there. I'm very glad to see he's going to Triple-A. This should let him see better hitters than in Double-A, and its going to let him develop more naturally. Don't push this kid. I've only seen him pitch a handful of times for very short periods, so if he really is the next phenom, then they are smart having him work through the minor leagues. He just turned 21. He's got plenty of time, especially if he is the next Clemens.

I agree, don't push the kid. If he's as great as everyone says he is, give him a year or 2 in Triple-A. Hopefully by then he'll be ready. To push him too soon or else he may never be as good as he "should" be.

The Red Sox/Tigers near brawl was hilarious. Boston are a bunch of fucktards. Only in Spring Training would they try to get a near altercation going.

EXACTLY! What a "classy" organization. Just one of the many reasons I f*cking hate Boston!

Igawa's start made me feel a lot better about his control. He gave up a home run, but his control was back, and he stuck out some solid hitters (including Adam LaRoche). Glad to see that his first start appears to be jitters. His slider is nasty!

I haven't been able to see him yet so I'm glad he had a better outting than his previous one. I'm really not expecting too much from this kid but I am looking forward to seeing him pitch.

Matsuzaka...get rocked? OMFG! The sky is falling! Jesus Christ is coming back! Armageddon! Fuck!

I like how this got zero press coverage on ESPN. Yet, I've heard how great he was against Boston College. God, I hate ESPN.

Yeah, they were pretty quick to point out how Dice-K was mowing down college kids and the Devil Rays. STIFF competition there guys

Pavano is eager to face the Red Sox? He should be eager to just stay healthy, before he goes from being Crash Test Dummy to Emergency Room Patient, Part 5.

I also agree. I'm looking forward to having a healthy Pavano because I really want to see what the guy can do with a solid year in front of him. But he needs to shut up and stop making himself look so foolish. Boston will probably tear him apart. DJ, what do you think about Sheffield's comments about wanting to play for Boston?