I'm with DC on this.

I detest the stereotype, but I can hardly argue the fact that a small percentage of Italian-Americans behave as they're depicted on tv and in the movies. As long as it's portrayed in an artful manner and not over the top or cartoonish, I have no problem with it.

I've been a member of OSIA (The Order Of Sons Of Italy In America) since I was in my early 20's and I've banged heads with some of the older members on this issue on numerous occasions.

Honestly, I'm alot more offended by Olive Garden commerials, where everyone still speaks in broken English, even though our people, for the most part, have been in this country since the turn of the 20th century.

Do you remember the Ragu commercials of a few years ago ? All of the Italian women were garbed in black, they all had big noses and they were shown dancing in a poppy field, like peasants. That was despicable and instances such as that are where we should focus our attention as proud Italian-Americans.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.