Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Well DC, I do agree that we have to get away from our dependency on foreign oil. I know there are many groups opposed to going into these untapped areas, yet if that is within possibility and will help us I don't see where we have a choice.

The thing is, this has been suggested as a possibility for a very long time now, and nobody is doing anything about it. I'm not sure what the answer is, but we shouldn't just throw up our hands and forget about it. Unfortunately for us "average" people, we (understandably I guess)only seem to pay attention to it at times when prices skyrocket.

TIS

Stallionette, you've hit the nail on the head. "We" are not going to do anything effectively about it for the foreseeable future. We've been on this fule saving track at least since the Carter administration and we are now using much more fule than way back then. We are in love with our vehicles and we find any number of reasons and excuses to not limit our driving. The way America is built, there is just not that much more we drivers can do to limit fuel consumption. We need to give upthe ghost.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."