Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Well the nearest gas station by me is $2.73 but in my area it is as high as $2.97 - $3.00. I'm sure L.A. would be more yet.

I don't believe there isn't a way to decrease the price, and I really don't believe any explanations we've been given as to the reason. We are chumps without a choice. The price can go to $10.00 a gallon, but we still have to work. We still need our cars. I hate not knowing where all this money goes. I'm sick of all the bullshit.

TIS

TIS -

I believe that there are answers on how to lower the price of gasoline and oil. First step is to get away from dependance on foriegn oil. We need to drill for our own oil on a much larger scale. I think that we had this same conversation back when hurricane Katrina destroyed some of our oil platforms in the gulf coast. There are so many untapped areas in the north where we can drill for our own oil. But that's been a very controversial debate that has been going on for years.

The scenerios that I gave above are major factors that contribute to the rise in gasoline prices. Do the big oil companies manipulte the news and world events in their favor? Of course they do. I don't deny that. But the reasons that I gave above are factual and are amongst the main reasons as to why oil/gasoline prices have shot up recently.

As long as there are tensions in the middle eastern oil producing regions of the world where we depend on getting our oil from, and enviremental advocates continue to lobby against drilling in our own nation for oil, then we will always be at the mercy of organizations like OPEC, the Saudis' and people like Hugo Chavez.

Someone mentioned China a couple of times in this thread. Well they are not that way off base. China's economy has soared in the past few years, along with the economy of India. And the soaring economy of those nations has allowed more people of those nations, probably more than ever before, to buy more cars and do more driving, which has placed that much more demand on the supply of oil/gasoline. And the middle eastern providers of the world oil supply, along with the Hugo Chavezs' of the world, are taking full advantage of these situations, lining their pockets with our hard earned money.

Recently an ethynol based gasoline was produced, and I believe by June of this year ALL gasoline sold will require a larger amount of ethynol in it. This was done to help our envirement and cut down on polution producing emissions. However, we will pay for this conversion in another manner. Ethynol is produced from corn. And as I posted earlier you will eventually see the price of corn rise because the demand for corn, to produce this ethynol, will rise. And again who pays for it one way or another? We do.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.