I went Sunday to see Zodiac. Although obviously far from an uplifting movie, it was very good. The first half or so of the movie concentrates on the killings/killer which refreshed my memory, with all the notes/letters this madman sent to the police. It was just a little graphic, but not as blood/guts as it could have been, which I think was a wise move. You get the point without it.

What a reminder of just how "mad" this guy was. So cold. The scene with the mother/baby in the car! Made me cringe.

The acting was good. I am always impressed by Robert Downey Jr. and really only have seen Jake G. in one other movie. However, I went with my daughter who is in love with Jake, and didn't realize it was a true story until I told her.

She did get a chuckle a couple times (as did I), when one police department wanted to fax something to a couple other districts, and neither had a fax. Not to mention how smokey the newsroom was, and some of the plaid pants that the men wore.

Also, Zodiac's first murder in Riverside CA was a RCC student, and that's where both my daughters attended (although years later of course).

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 03/06/07 09:39 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon