I, too, cannot visualize Sinatra as Vito.

Part of the beauty of Brando's performance was his willingness to totally submerge himself in the character of Vito - especially his physical appearance. Sinatra was always...well, Sinatra. His known dislike for a lot of rehearsal and doing multiple takes would have, IMO, caused friction with FFC. Sinatra liked to be "the boss" and everyone around him had to march to his tune. From everything I've read, Brando was very professional and caused no problems at all during shooting.

I feel the same thing about the prospect of Sinatra in GF3. Even though he was, by this time, much older, I wonder if he would have been believable enough as a character to make us forget Sinatra the Legend. I mean - again my opinion - Sinatra was a limited actor who, if the role was right, could be quite good. But, you never forgot you were watching Frank Sinatra.

Given the choice between Sinatra and Eli Wallach, I would have to go with Wallach.

As an aside, I agree with Turnbull 100% that Suddenly was an excellent film. Definitely worth seeing. (Try to catch it on TCM where they have the best quality print available.)

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."