Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

As for Pistone's ego? It definitely has gotten bigger and bigger over the years.

Hey, what Pistone did took a lot of balls. What Pistone did was a great thing. And there is no question that he put his life in jeopardy from the moment he went undercover. What he did and how deep he got took a lot of guts and was amazing. I admire the man for that.

In truth though, I cannot blame him for his inflated ego and his continual efforts to cash in on his story. The goverment gave him an plaque and a shitty $500 check for his accomplishments! That's a slap in the face. So why not try to capitolize on this as long as he can?

Don Cardi

I agree. I'm sure Pistone embellished his story in many places to aggrandize his role and to sell books (and movie rights). But I also think the basic substance of his story is true. And yes indeed, he really did have coglioni to do what he did.

One story I don't believe is that the Mob put a half-million-dollar bounty on his head. First, it leads us to believe that the Commission has some kind of slush fund and standing army that can be used to attack common enemies. BS! The only thing Dons have in common are greed and distrust of each other. Why would any Don contribute a dime to an effort to "get" Pistone in retaliation for a supreme screwup caused by the Bonannos? The attitude would be: "It's their problem, let them solve it." Second, if Pistone had such a huge price on his head, why would he be running around giving interviews and presiding over book signings?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.