Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: klydon1

Robert Todd died in 1926. Otherwise, he surely would have been in Dallas on November 22, 1963.

Reminds me of the list of "similarities" made comparing JFK's assassination with that of Lincoln's. Some of the list was interesting: They were both succeeded by a man named Johnson, their wives both lost babies while in the White House, they were both elected to Congress in '46 (Abe in 1846, JFK in 1946), they were both elected President in '60 (Abe in 1860, JFK in 1960), etc.

Some of the list was pure hogwash: Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln (which he did) and that Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy (not true).

My favorite on that list was: Five days before he was shot Lincoln was in Monroe, Maryland. Five days before HE was shot Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe.

Also Kennedy was riding in a Lincoln automobile which was made by Ford Motor Company, and Lincoln was shot in Ford's Theatre.

Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and fled to a theatre, Booth shot Lincoln in a theatre and was eventually captured in a warehouse (FYI a GREAT BOOK ON BOOTH AFTER THE ASSASINATION IS "MANHUNT") .

Both were shot on a Friday.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."