GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 75 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,396
Posts1,060,113
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Dreams #140451
12/20/05 05:17 PM
12/20/05 05:17 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
It wouldn't be appropriate to post about my dream last night. :p

You talkin' to me?
Re: Dreams #140452
12/20/05 05:47 PM
12/20/05 05:47 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Reading my post, I can see why you're confused. Sorry.

What I mean is this: are recurring dreams actual recurring dreams, or do we just think that they are, because we've had one dream and in it our mind tricked us into thinking we've had it before?
It is all right. As for me, trust me, you would exactly know how many times you were pregnant if you could; even in a dream. There has been four times this past year. I've only given birth once, can you imagine the terror?

I'm going to hit the bed now! Jeez!

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Dreams #140453
12/20/05 06:56 PM
12/20/05 06:56 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
That Fat-pie video was excellent, Turi, and reminded me of something I forgot to bring up, but had, at one point, meant to. The fact that in many dreams I can be trying to run, but it's like I'm walking through water. Or I'm in a fight and can only punch in slow-motion.
I know JUST what you mean. There's times where I'm dreaming that I'm running from someone(thing), or having to fight, and I'm either running in extreme slow motion, or I'm dizzy and uncoordinated. Those dreams are among the worst!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Dreams #140454
12/20/05 07:12 PM
12/20/05 07:12 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
I usually sleep very sound and don't dream often. But the few times that I did dream are really bad. In one of my dreams, my father dies and in another, I killed my mother. OMG, the second one was really traumatic. I wept when I woke up. Then in a couple of dreams, I was with a girl that I really liked in real life and having great time(only in the dream ) , I was really happy about that. But I woke up to find it was a dream. Those are the ones I really hate. I once had a double dream. I woke up from a nightmare (don't remember the details), not into reality, but into another dream. It was a great relief when I woke up from that dream. In short I hate these dreams, they make me sad no matter what. Either by giving false hopes or by being plain disturbing.

Re: Dreams #140455
12/20/05 07:27 PM
12/20/05 07:27 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
When I first moved into the house I'm in now, I'd always have this dream where I'm waking up and I leave my room and I'd go in the dining room. The dining room is where my dad's desk/our computer is. I'd always see a guy sitting here smoking a cigar. He looked like he was an army general or something. Definetly freaked me out.

I also used to have nightmares about falling into the bay down at my uncle's trailer park in Delaware. You'd have to like, jump from the dock on to the boat and I'd always have dreams where I missed the boat.

And I some times have these dreams where I'm in my own house getting like chased after by this guy. And like, I can see my mom or dad and when I scream for help, I have no voice. WTF.

Now, on to the good dreams... Nocturnal emissions, anyone?

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Dreams #140456
12/20/05 07:55 PM
12/20/05 07:55 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline OP
ginaitaliangirl  Offline OP

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Well Gigi, I do have a baseball stadium in my house, so you're not completely weird.
You do?! Can I come?

Yeah, I thought it was cool that I had a BB dream - Internet friends really are real friends.

I'm not sure I'll be getting out to LA anytime soon, unfortunately, but maybe you can mosey on down to Texas. But if we did go to a Dodger game there, not only would we drink o.j., we'd also throw oranges at the players...'cause my guys play with oranges, remember?! :p

Okay, your possible dream involving me sounds hilarious! The baseball hitting someone is so crazy that it makes sense, but what's this about a brown bracelet?

Re: Dreams #140457
12/20/05 08:02 PM
12/20/05 08:02 PM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
Keep having a dream where all my teeth fall out

Anyone else?

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: Dreams #140458
12/20/05 08:08 PM
12/20/05 08:08 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Now, on to the good dreams... Nocturnal emissions, anyone?
You should consider drinking Turkish tea, it has some wonderful side effects. Ask Capo if you don't believe me

Re: Dreams #140459
12/20/05 09:34 PM
12/20/05 09:34 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
But if we did go to a Dodger game there, not only would we drink o.j., we'd also throw oranges at the players...'cause my guys play with oranges, remember?! :p
Oh yeah, I forgot that they play with oranges! Let's take old squishy ones with us and throw them at the other team. Splat! Sounds like fun, right? Jeez, I feel like I'm 9 again. :p

I don't know what the brown bracelet was all about either. Maybe you'd mentioned a wristband of some sort, and so I made some weird connection, subconsciously? Who knows? Dreams are weird. But you're right, I do feel like we really are friends. Sounds kinda mushy, but it's true.

Have any of you ever woken up with a really random song stuck in your mind? Sometimes that happens to me, like I'll be humming a song while I'm brushing my teeth, that I know I haven't heard in a really long time... and I figure it was probably in my dream.

Re: Dreams #140460
12/20/05 10:18 PM
12/20/05 10:18 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I can't believe that you and Gina went to a ballgame and didn't invite me! You both suck. :p

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Dreams #140461
12/20/05 10:24 PM
12/20/05 10:24 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:

Have any of you ever woken up with a really random song stuck in your mind? Sometimes that happens to me, like I'll be humming a song while I'm brushing my teeth, that I know I haven't heard in a really long time... and I figure it was probably in my dream.
I can do ya one better. Have you ever been dreaming, and during your dream, a song comes on. You start singing along with the song in your dream, and then you wake up, only to have that same song playing on your radio, in the same spot your dream ended?

Its amazing how a song can come on the radio, and your mind can somehow implement it in your dream.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Dreams #140462
12/20/05 10:49 PM
12/20/05 10:49 PM
Texas

Texas
Quote:
Let's take old squishy ones with us and throw them at the other team. Splat! Sounds like fun, right? Jeez, I feel like I'm 9 again. :p
Nothing wrong with acting like a kid, right?

Now that I think about it, I might've mentioned my Astros rubber bracelet (like Livestrong) to you before. It's red, not brown, but maybe that's where the idea came from.

Aw, you're my friend, too, Zia. HUGS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I can't believe that you and Gina went to a ballgame and didn't invite me! You both suck. :p
How could we forget SB?! You're invited to my next dream. (Like I ever have a choice on what crazy things happen in my dreams! )

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Its amazing how a song can come on the radio, and your mind can somehow implement it in your dream.
I'm not sure I've ever done this with a song, but I think I might've had something my mom's said to me in real life fit into my dream before.

Re: Dreams #140463
12/20/05 11:11 PM
12/20/05 11:11 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Have you ever been dreaming, and during your dream, a song comes on. You start singing along with the song in your dream, and then you wake up, only to have that same song playing on your radio, in the same spot your dream ended?

That happens to me when I'm asleep and people are talking around me. For some reason, I see them abstractly in a dream saying what they're currently speaking. Same thing happens when I leave the t.v. on at night.

How am I not myself?
Re: Dreams #140464
12/20/05 11:15 PM
12/20/05 11:15 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
As I said before, I watched half a segment of Unsolved Mysteries during Sleep Paralysis, and woke up to finish it. I could hear the sound and all.

Does anyone have this too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Dreams #140465
12/21/05 12:03 AM
12/21/05 12:03 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
SB, you must have been at the Yankee stadium that I have in the next room. But yeah, you're invited to my next one too!

XDC, that totally happens to me. Even when my alarm goes off, it goes into my dream first, before I realize that it's my alarm. Like in my dream I'll be thinking, "What IS that noise? Why doesn't someone do something about it?" Or it'll be like a police siren or something in my dream.

Now I use my cell phone's alarm clock for the mornings, and I have ringtones and stuff on it. For a while, it was Miles Davis' "Bitches Brew" and I would have all these crazy dreams about smoky beatnik-esque clubs and stuff, where that music was playing. Weird.

Here's another funny story... In high school, the guy sitting next to me in one of my classes would always fall asleep in class, but I'd wake him up in the last ten minutes so he wouldn't miss the important stuff like last-minute announcements and stuff. One day, I forgot to wake him up, and the bell rang at the end of the period. Without raising his head or anything, he started feeling around on the desk, trying to find his alarm clock to turn it off... I guess he dreamt that he was in his own bed, and the bell translated into his alarm clock!! I was dying laughing, he looked so stupid.

Re: Dreams #140466
12/21/05 12:36 AM
12/21/05 12:36 AM
toyland
D
don illuminati Offline
Underboss
don illuminati  Offline
D
Underboss
toyland
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
As I said before, I watched half a segment of Unsolved Mysteries during Sleep Paralysis, and woke up to finish it. I could hear the sound and all.

Does anyone have this too?
No but my great uncle was on unsolved mysteries once. He was in an episode about a woman from Texas who thought she was the reincarnation of a woman who drowned in the Ohio River many years ago. She went to Ohio and my uncle was the editor of the paper and knew about the history of the city pretty well. They went downtown and she told him what used to be in the business buildings downtown and what they used to look like and he confirmed that she was right. They went out to Newport where the girl had drowned and she went right to the family home and the cemetery. They asked him what he thought and he said that he wasn't sold on the reincarnation thing but she had it down andit didn't make any sense to do that much research for nothing.

Another thing, my great grandmother was very sick and near death in early 1945, and she had a dream, or possibly an out of body experience, and that she had seen my uncle and that he was hurt. My uncle had been wounded in the Battle of the Bulge and they hadn't told her that he was wounded because of her condition; they were afraid it would kill her.

"How's the Italian food in this restaurant?'
Re: Dreams #140467
12/21/05 09:15 AM
12/21/05 09:15 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Yeah, I've had many cases of deliriousness, where a film or music is registering in my half-sleeping mind, then I become fully conscious and it's actually happening.

A dream last night:
Me and a few others are descending this lamost vertical cliff-face, I don't know how, through bushes and leaves and whatnot. We reach the bottom, and there's this vast beach, dark, cold, grey. The tide is out. There I meet an old friend from school, who's a bit of an arsehole and was always a bit of a bully. Anyway, we get along great, run out to sea and start swimming. Then I was talking to these random guys. I was complimenting them on their brilliant English (they were somehow Danish), as they spoke with exactly the same accent as me. The old friend I speak of didn't really recognise me in the dream; just a few weeks ago I was out clubbing, saw him after many years of not seeing him, and acknowledged him, but he seemed too drunk to even recognise me. Was this a dream longing for some recognition...?

Has anyone ever dreamt that they are walking up a bank, and it gets steeper and steeper, to the point where you only feel comfortable on all fours, and soon enough, the bank is almost vertical, and can't be climbed at all?

And another thing, which probably stems from your body's horizontal position when sleeping: you're carrying a tray through a canteen and repeatedly keep dropping it, as if the tray belongs to somebody on a horizontal axis, different to the one you are on in your dream...

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Dreams #140468
12/21/05 10:20 AM
12/21/05 10:20 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
No dreams for the past week, amazing.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Dreams #140469
12/22/05 02:52 AM
12/22/05 02:52 AM
Texas

Texas
I meant to post that I had another BB dream this past night - this time, Geoff, you were the lucky one involved!

Hmm, I know this was probably only a part of all the dreams I had, but I remember only this, because it was right before I woke up. I was in my Spanish classroom at school, and I can't recall what was going on originally, but I ended up talking to Geoff about these Christmas ornaments - I think that's what they were - that we were looking at. He was telling me all about how they were his mom's. Either she had made them, or they were passed down through his family...there was some story behind these ornaments that he was describing to me. Later, Geoff was elsewhere, and I was left with the ornaments. There were a lot of tiny pieces of paper with typed information on them that he had, basically saying what he'd been telling me. I'd been reading through them, and I was trying to get them back in order. This, I now realize, is when my alarm clock went off this morning. I guess that as I heard it, I let it become a part of my dream where I was overwhelmed with a sense of urgency and the feeling that I needed to get Geoff's papers organized before it was "too late." I finally woke up and became aware of "reality," and I don't think I ever got the papers completely together in my dream. Sorry about that, Geoff.

Re: Dreams #140470
12/22/05 03:05 AM
12/22/05 03:05 AM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
I've had times where I've been half asleep, tossing and turning, and it feels like hours have gone by when in reality only a few minutes have passed. It's one of the worst feelings ever. When it happens, I honestly have no idea what's going on. I'm half dreaming, half awake, but when I'm awake, the dreams are still going on in my head. When I try getting up and walking around, I become painfully exhausted and try to go right back to sleep, but I can't sleep because of all the weird things going on in my brain.

It literally feels like Speedy Gonzalez is running around in my head.

Weird.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Dreams #140471
12/22/05 03:32 AM
12/22/05 03:32 AM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
I had a really wierd dream last night that I was "whackin" each one of my roommates from college. I cant explain it, and I'll admit that it freaked me out a little.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Dreams #140472
12/22/05 05:04 AM
12/22/05 05:04 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Obviously with the Female Hottie thread on my mind, I had a dream last night in which Ayesha Takia was fighting with my Californian friend over me. If only...

In it, my house was sparse indeed, like Neil's in Heat.

Re: Dreams #140473
12/28/05 03:51 PM
12/28/05 03:51 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Wow, it's 2:23 PM over here, and I just woke up. I had a ton of dreams.

The first dream I had was, I was living on the Golden Gate Bridge with Courtney Love. She fucking drove me nuts, and I was looking for some way to escape but I couldn't. The worst part was, there was no food or water. When I asked Courtney if I could leave to find something to eat, she said, "No!! You're going to stay here and DIE with me!"

A few minutes later though, Kurt Cobain arrived with a picnic basket full of good food, a picnic blanket, and a cooler full of beer. I went up to him, hugged and kissed him, and said, "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MARRY THIS CRAZY BITCH!?"

He didn't say a word, he just pulled out his gun and shot Courtney in the face. Me and Kurt ate some food, talked about the past, and just chilled there on the Golden Gate bridge. It was fantastic.

Next dream I had was, I was the vocalist for a rock band, and me and my band were searching for gigs. We finally got one at a teenage party. So we're up on stage, and we remember, we didn't rehearse or anything. So I'm talking with my lead guitarist about which song we should do, and he kept telling me to start off with this song that he wrote called, "Showing the Show" or something like that. I fucking screamed my head off at him and said, "I DON'T FUCKING KNOW THE LYRICS TO THAT SONG JIM!! WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!?!"

Then he was like, "Well, we could just cover a Radiohead song, but I don't know how to play any except Nice Dream."

So I got really excited, turned to my drummer and saiD, "Do yu know how to play nice dream?" He said yes. I turned to my bass guitarist who was a really hot blonde girl and said, "Do you know how to play Nice Dream?" She also said yes.

So I said, "OKAY GUY WE'RE DOING NICE DREAM BY RADIOHEAD. GET READY."

I approach the microphone, and I see like 874678562798654 people in the crowd. But for some reason I don't get nervous. The band starts playing, and I start doing my best Thom Yorke impression. And my voice came out exactly like his. We fucking killed it. It was the greatest feeling ever. After the song finished the crowd was going crazy and I just looked at my band and said, "Wow, you guys are fucking awesome."

Third dream: I enter a cave somewhere in Afghanistan to see a 16 year old Kurt Cobain hiding out there. A UPS guy come to the cave and says to Kurt, "Well Don, here's your Vercetti."

Kurt says, "Uhhhh...my name is kurt, and don't you mean my machete??"

"Yeah, whatever kid, and uh...here's your pistol."

All of a sudden it turns into a Mastercard commercial.

"Knife - $18.99
Gun - $100.00"

Then the delivery guy says, "Hey wait a second, you're just a kid. You don't need this shit." Then he leaves.

The mastercard commercial continues and goes:

"Preventing a rock and roll legend from killing himself - Priceless."

Then I woke up.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Dreams #140474
12/28/05 04:12 PM
12/28/05 04:12 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I did have a dream a couple of days ago in which a friend of mine started strumming some stuff on his guitar and then busted out in "King Bee." I then found my self singing with him with a Bee outfit on.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Dreams #140475
12/28/05 05:08 PM
12/28/05 05:08 PM
Texas

Texas
Thanks for reviving the thread, DVC, as I was just considering doing so, myself. I, like you, had a ton of dreams last night, but they were all very unsettling. I'd been very behind on sleep, so I ended up going to bed at about 5:30 p.m. yesterday, sleeping until 11:00, going back to bed at midnight, sleeping until 2:00, going back to bed at 5:00, and sleeping until 11:30.

I had a lot more dreams than I can post here, partly because I can't remember everything, and partly because I wouldn't be able to explain them very well.

First off, I had a bad dream - nightmare, bad - for the first time in a long while. It was terrible. There were these "bad guys" after my family, and basically, the entire dream was about them trying to hurt us. They had plenty of chances to go ahead and catch us and kill us, but they didn't - I think that was what was so scary, was that they were torturing us with fear instead of actually doing anything. My parents hardly showed any emotion, and I couldn't figure out if they knew and were trying to trick the "bad guys" or if they really weren't aware of the danger. One part that I distinctly remember is where my mom and I were in a building in our (?) backyard, and one of the guys shot at us. This is where it got stupid...the bullet came at us in slow motion. I remember thinking, in the dream, that it was stupid and just like a movie (The Matrix, I guess), but I still believed it was real. The bullet slowed down right by my mom, so I yelled at her to get out of the way, then it turned toward me, and I slapped at it with my hand to make it drop, which I guess it did. :rolleyes: The dream continued on with me going about in constant fear and seeing them every so often outside the house or somewhere, stalking us. Anyway, I woke up after that dream, and I was so scared. I remember thinking, "It was just a dream" and wondering why I couldn't recover from it, but I started thinking about this thread and how we discussed how some dreams might be premonitions of something - normally, I wouldn't worry about that, but I wasn't thinking straight, so that got me even more upset. I didn't want to go back to sleep because I worried the same dream would continue, so I just watched TV for a couple of hours. Ugh.

As I mentioned, most all of my other dreams were "unsettling," as well. Nothing was really bad like the nightmare was, but none of them left me feeling very good. One was where my cat, that was put to sleep a while back, returned. I think I've had a dream like this before, about him or perhaps one of my other past cats, but this one was just sad. He seemed very sick, and my mom wasn't happy to have him back - she even made some comment about how he wouldn't last much longer.

I also had a dream about going back to school - I go back on the 3rd, and I've been thinking/worrying about it. I'm moving up to the higher Band, so I'm a little nervous about that, and the dream involved a certain guy at school...things were different between us, and that left me feeling, just "unsettled," again.

I was happy to get the extra amount of sleep, but considering what came with it, it wasn't very fun.

Re: Dreams #140476
12/28/05 05:28 PM
12/28/05 05:28 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I think the worst dream that I ever had was one in which my daughter had died and I had one last chance to call her in heaven and say good-bye over the phone. As long as I didn't hang up, I would be connected to her, but as soon as I did, that was it, I couldn't ever speak to her again. I just remember her little voice on the phone saying "Bye-bye, Mommy," and me sobbing and begging her not to hang up. I woke up crying, and almost cry even THINKING about that one!!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Dreams #140477
12/28/05 07:16 PM
12/28/05 07:16 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
I had a very unnerving dream the other night. I was using a public urinal and a male my age stood next to me and watched.
I've never had a dream like this before, and waking up from it leaves you with a weird feeling of being violated, and embarrassed.

How am I not myself?
Re: Dreams #140478
12/29/05 03:14 AM
12/29/05 03:14 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Most of the dreams I've had I've understood(especially the ones that aren't suitable for printing )

But one dream that I've had more than once is.

I've dreamed that one of my cousins is driving an 18 wheeler and she's doing everything possible to try and run me over I mean she's hitting cars, going through houses. Destroying everything in her path just to kill me.

But what confuses me is her & I have always been close, she's my fave cousin. She can't even drive a stick shift, much less an 18 wheeler. But yet she was doing damn fine in my dream.

Granted she & I have had discussions involving politics(she's a left wing liberal so she would fit right in with some folks on this board) but that's not enough to kill me is it.

Re: Dreams [Re: The Iceman] #365777
02/18/07 06:08 AM
02/18/07 06:08 AM
Texas

Texas
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but...

1) I'd love to hear more dreams if anyone's willing to share - it's a topic that never grows old for me.

2) I had a dream last night that was much more interesting than usual.

3) The topic is on my mind because I should be asleep and dreaming right now.

I watched The Departed last night with my family. Amazing movie, which apparently makes for amazing dreams. I think I'm just too sensitive to violence, actually. Anyway, it involved several family members and friends in this Lord of the Flies style of game, and as far as I could tell, we were all against each other and prepared to kill to get what we wanted. Toward the end, it seems I'd developed a "nothing to live for" attitude that I now connect to the movie - I walked by a dark room of my house, sensing a dangerous presence and knowing it would mean my demise, yet I yelled into the darkness, challenging the unknown to come get me. My brain skipped scenes after that, I think. Nothing exciting ever actually happens. haha The last thing I remember before waking up, however, was standing with a friend in a confrontation with a girl who used to go to our school, anticipating someone being hurt or killed.

What I was most intrigued by was another part of the dream, in which I observed some kind of predator seeking its prey. I think it was just a frog, and I have no idea what it was going to attack, but I ended up doing something to stop it. After waking up and thinking back to it, I felt it had some kind of more significant nature theme to it than what it appeared. But hey, what's the difference if I can't figure out what it is?

Well...yeah. That probably makes even less sense to others than it does to myself, but I just wanted to revive the thread and vent about an odd dream.

Anyone have any to share?

Re: Dreams [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #365832
02/18/07 10:32 AM
02/18/07 10:32 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
I had an awful dream last night; I say awful, but on the one hand it was vastly exciting, and on the other it spelled doom for my family.

Has anybody ever seen eXistenZ? It was a bit like that, and it was due to me being addicted to playing my mates on Pro Evo for the PS2. Anyway, in the dream, me, my sister and my mother are all in a forest. Then I shout "fairy" to a little fly on a pond, and it turns into a fairy, a bit like Navi in Zelda. Then we're attacked by masked warriors, who throw spears into me (which don't hurt) and then capture us.

It's funny because I kept saying to my family (I don't know where my dad was in the dream) that everything was okay, that I'd read the game manual, the cheat-book, and knew exactly what to do. So we're in this big building, being led off somewhere with a lot of other captives. And then I whisper to my sister to hide behind this big curtain while I got us all free. But as soon as I started beating guards up, and got myself free, I realised I had done it too early in the level.

The dream then took a self-reflexive slant; it acknowledged that it was part of a videogame, and, when I realised that I was trapped in this dream, I went looking for the PS2 controller so that I could press START and look at the manual to figure out how to get out of this mess. But then somebody told me that my PS2 controller had been burned by my captors, and I remember thinking, "Okay, I seriously need to fucking wake up now."

Good job I did, because for a second I thought I'd blown it.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull