The Prestige *** 1/2
(First Viewing)

A mysterious story of two magicians whose intense rivalry leads them on a life-long battle for supremacy -- full of obsession, deceit and jealousy with dangerous and deadly consequences. From the time that they first met as young magicians on the rise, Robert Angier and Alfred Borden were competitors. However, their friendly competition evolves into a bitter rivalry making them fierce enemies-for-life and consequently jeopardizing the lives of everyone around them. Set against the backdrop of turn-of-the-century London.

The movie, much like The Illusionist, is a magic trick itself. But this one keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat more than Edward Norton's birthday tricks. Great chemistry that proved to be an intense rivalry on screen between Wolverine and Batman themselves, Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. Michael Caine and Scarlett Johansson were also great in their respectful roles. Mr. Nolan is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors with Memento (my favorite Nolan movie), Insomnia, Batman Begins and now The Prestige. I have yet to see Following but I hear it's good. I didn't realize he co-wrote Memento, Batman Begins and The Prestige. A fantastic director and writer. I guess you can throw me in with Don Andrew, ronnie and others who are eagerly anticipating his next film, The Dark Knight, July 18, 2008.