Actually, Nic Cage could have worked as Ghost Rider, believe it or not.

But its the approach that he and MSJ decided to go for is what I don't care for. Like DAREDEVIL's Ben Affleck, you're never given a reason to give a damn about Blaze's problems. Without a hook launched by the movie, you're only midly interested, but like air being deflated out of a ballon, It quite quickly becomes flat to the point that the only emotion coming from a viewer is rage at the mediocrity.

The idea of GHOST RIDER is of a supernatural curse placed upon an immortal. If anything, I might have been inspired by the mood and atmosphere provided by HIGHLANDER, if I was going to make GHOST RIDER. Don't let images of 80's techno-pop tunes from Queen and sword-fighting enter your head. That movie, in its Director's Cut, is really moody as hell with a protagonist that's been cursed with immortality by an unseen power, and now forced to confront his past for the last time.

What am I talking about? A moody emotional movie about the loss of life and innocence instead of an empty, mediocrity set by FOX to sell to the middle-school loser kids? How silly of me for believing that inherently, any comic book property, if done right, can kick ass.

But tell me Irish, while you're defending GHOST RIDER and DAREDEVIL with the "lower standards" argument, why are they better than LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN and HELLBOY?

I mean, to quote Sid Haig in THE DEVIL'S REJECTS, I call what I see: 4 Very-Mediocre movies without any substance. What did Mark Steven Johnson do special to DD and GR besides wasting my time?