Ghost Rider ***
(First Viewing)

In order to save his dying father, young stunt cyclist Johnny Blaze sells his soul to Mephistopheles and sadly parts from the pure-hearted Roxanne Simpson, the love of his life. Years later, Johnny's path crosses again with Roxanne, now a reporter, and also with Mephistopheles, who offers to release Johnny's soul if Johnny becomes the fabled, fiery Ghost Rider, a supernatural agent of vengeance and justice. Mephistopheles charges Johnny with defeating the despicable Blackheart, Mephistopheles's nemesis and son, who plans to displace his father and create a new hell even more terrible than the old one.

I know some will discredit this movie because it was done by Daredevil director, Mark Steven Johnson or some of the cheesy scenes, but overall, I really did enjoy this film. So much so, that I daresay it deserves a second viewing in theaters from me. First off, Nicholas Cage was GREAT as Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider. At least he seemed to give a sh*t about this character, rather than just "going through the motions" as he seemed to in the remake of The Wicker Man. I've always enjoyed Eva Mendes' work since I first saw her in 2001's Training Day. She doesn't disappoint again as Johnny's love interest and reporter, Roxanne Simpson. Finally, Peter Fonda did a great job himself as Mephistopheles. He didn't shout or show a lot of anger, but the man got his point across and was a presence on screen. If you were debating to see this movie, I would recommend it. It might not be worth the $8.50 for some folks, but definitely worth a matinee showing.