Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: FrankWhite
It coulda been Anthony, when he came in to put the picture on the bed???

It could have been. However after viewing a deleted scene, I feel that it was a conspiracy by Michael's immedeate family, put together by Mary.

Mary was behind it because she knew, that someday, she would be named the executor of the Vito Corleone Foundation and with her father out of the way, she could make a cool $100 million and Roth could make his $2 million. As a matter of fact there is a deleted scene in GFIII where Mary confesses to Anthony that she ran into Johnny Ola's boy in a beverly hills pre-school. And Little Ola told her that her father was being tough on some negotiations with his dad, and if she could help, there'd be something like $100 Million Dollars in it for her.

It was the smart move. Mary was always smarter.

Don Cardi

Mary also knew with her father out of the way there would be no Godfather III, and she would neither be held up to national ridicule as a terrible actress, nor subjected to the heartache of a broken incestuous relationship.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."