Originally Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone
I know I swore retirement, but I (and I'm sure a few others) knew it would end up being more of a vacation. I came back for sympathy though (haha) and out of habit, to calm my nerves.
I broke my collarbone snowboarding on Saturday. I was leaning too far back on a wallride, slid out, popped off the wall and stuck my hand out to catch myself. Probably a 15-20 foot drop strait onto my hand, which shoved it up into my body, snapping the bone right in half.

I found out today that I'll be getting surgury on Monday. Its not vital, it'll heal fine w/o the surgery, but it will heal better and w/ less pain if I get it pinned. I've never had surgury in my life, and I always thought people were pussies for being nervous about it. "Ah come on, its not a heart transplant, what is there to worry about?" But I have to admit, I'm a little freaked out by it now, especially as the date draws nearer.

Anyway, the place looks nice.

I had the EXACT same break over 20 years ago and chose not to get it pinned, I wore that stupid strap that was supposed to "mend" it naturally.
It healed fine and I had no problems for a long time, but now that I'm getting a little bit older, I've lost some mobility.
So, you might want to get it pinned.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.