I'm glad you enjoyed season 2, TIS! I knew once you started watching...you wouldn't be able to stop. It's happened to me and everyone else I know who loves this show!

FOR THOSE WHO'VE NOT YET SEEN SEASON 2, SPOILER ALERT!!

Season 2 is a shocking (and great) season for many reasons. Seeing Jack at the beginning, with a scruffy beard and flannel jacket was rather jarring. He definitely looked like a man who lost everything. What wasn't so shocking was finding out out he no longer worked for CTU.

Jack murdering that federal witness when he arrives back at CTU, and then asking for a hacksaw was classic. The exchange between Jack and George Mason was classic, as well:

(after Jack shoots the witness)

George Mason: Are you OUT of your MIND?

Jack Bauer: That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results, but you never want to get your hands dirty.

In fact, George Mason alone is the main reason seasons 1 & 2 are my favorites. Xander Berkley was absolutely fantastic as George, and his final scene with Jack in Season 2 was heartbreaking. It's a shame he was killed off so early on in the series.

And there was also the conspiracy of the NSA smuggling a nuclear warhead onto U.S. soil and giving it to terrorists, the shocking scene where we find out that it was in fact Marie Warner who was linking Warner Industries to the terrorists, and not Reza Naiyeer. Talk about a curve ball!

The two biggest shocks of them all were the nuclear bomb actually exploding on U.S. soil (albeit in the desert), and President Palmer's cabinet invoking Section 4 of the 25th Amendment, effectively unseating him as Commander-in-Chief.

Oh! I almost forgot the fact that Jack Bauer actually dies at one point during the season. That Jack Bauer sure is a bad-ass. After suffering cardiac arrest, he still ends up killing all the terrorists. He later suffers a heart-attack, but still manages to save the day.

And then there's the ending...where that woman shakes the hand of President Palmer, and he collapses. Is he alive? Is he dead? You'll just have to wait and see, TIS!

Speaking of that woman...didn't she seem familiar to you, TIS?

END SEASON 2 SPOILERS

I know you'll enjoy Season 3, TIS!

Also, can I make a suggestion to everyone visiting this thread? There's another show on FOX that I enjoy thoroughly (maybe even as much as 24) called House. I know EVERYONE has heard of it, but so far I know of only a few people on these boards that watch it.

It's an absolutely incredible show, and I whole-heartedly recommend it to EVERYBODY! I started watching it about half way through season 2, and I immediately went out and bought the first season on DVD. I've been hooked ever since. I've never been a huge fan of medical dramas, but this one is vastly different, and vastly superior to any other medical drama on television (yes, better than ER, Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy, et. al.)

Hugh Laurie is fantastic as Dr. Gregory House. He's one of the biggest pricks you'll ever see on television, but you can't help but love him!

I whole-heartedly recommend it to everyone. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed!

Ok, we can go back to discussing 24, now!

Last edited by XDCX; 02/14/07 12:23 PM.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis