In Like Flint * 1/2
(First Viewing)

Flint is again called out of retirement when his old boss finds that he seems to have missed 3 minutes while golfing with the president. Flint finds that the president has been replaced by an actor. Flint finds that a group of women have banded together to take over the world through subliminal brainwashing in beauty salons they own.

In all honesty, the only reason I bothered with this movie, is because I remember Austin Powers saying "it was his favorite movie" (plus that quote was on the DVD case). The movie itself was very disappointing. I never really felt a connection or cared about our secret agent Derek Flint (which is rather sad and CANNOT happen in a spy movie). I think this was basically just Fox's attempt to try to capitalize on the phenomenon the James Bond series begin in 1962 with Dr. No. Plus, I felt Flint was more of a scientist than a secret agent (he was just so knowledgeable and he just seemed more comfortable in the laboratory than in the field). Not to say that secret agent's can't be knowledgeable, but he seemed to be "too smart" for the profession if you know what I mean (basically, he liked his work more than the ladies, even though on screen they tried to persuade you otherwise).