The Colbert Nation has dubbed it Viacommunism.

Ronnie, it's really sad. Anything Colbert related is gone.

There's no DVD or anything for sale that offers video of the Report or Daily Show episodes - it's not like we could be buying what they're taking off YouTube. And they're even deleting fanvids that people have made. Strangers With Candy videos were removed...there are DVDs for that, but some Exit 57 (old sketch show with Colbert) clips are also gone, and I don't think those are for sale.

I know there is much more to this legally that I definitely don't understand, so I'm sure they technically have a case...but I don't really see why it should be such a big deal. As you said, people are still watching and promoting the shows. The only way it might be diverting interest from Viacom is by YouTube getting more publicity for its sponsors, I guess? It's just diehard fans that love Colbert on TV and want even more of him on YouTube, and now they can't have that.

I read some at the Colboard where people mentioned the Purge of '06, so this has apparently happened before - I guess the Nation will recover.

But Viacom is definitely more dangerous than the Bears - no offense, character Stephen.

Last edited by ginaitaliangirl; 02/05/07 12:52 AM.