Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
One must also remember that 40+ years ago during Vietnam, we did not have the massive means of communication that exists today.

There were only 3 major networks, no cable tv, no cellphones, no computers as we know them now...and little means for those fighting to hear of the division of their nation on the scale and the speed with which they get it today in Iraq.

Good point Apple.

How many times have we seen Al Quaeda use modern communications to capitalize on the political dissent and the anti-war sentiment in the United States to undermine support for America's war on terrorism?

And let me point out that during the Vietnam War, the enemy relied on the anti war sentiment to weaken American resolve. I believe that it had the effect of turning an American military victory into a political defeat.

Former North Vietnamese General Staff officer Bui Tin even said that the anti war movement was "essential to our strategy."

Bui Tin even said that "Through dissent and protest, the United States "lost the ability to mobilize a will to win."

When South Vietnam finally agreed to an unconditional surrender, Boi Tin stated that the antiwar movement in the United States was "essential to our strategy."

I believe that we can win the war in Iraq. But what I think it comes down to is whether we will lose the war here at home as we did during Vietnam.

Our enemy is strategically playing to American fears that Iraq is only going to turn out to be another Vietnam, and they know that our media, the anti war protestors and people like Nancy Pelosi are buying right into that type of rhetoric.

Our enemy is counting on division within our own country. They are counting on those here to undermine the troops and say things like Pelosi has said because they know that the media will come through for them.

With todays technology and advanced communication, our enemy is fighting a propaganda war through the use of advanced communications technology, as well as fighting a physical war. And it is my opinion that if you can win the media communications war, it makes you that much stronger in fighting the physical war.

And meanwhile the leaders in Iran are sitting by, licking their chops, hoping that we are unsuccesful in Iraq and that we pull out. I promise you that they will be in Iraq the moment that the last one of our soldiers is out of there if we cut and run without getting the job done.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.