Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a leading critic of the adminstration's approach in Iraq, said that on a recent visit to Iraq her delegation saw no sign of that U.S. efforts were advancing with urgency.

- Associated Press

In other words, what's she's really saying is that the troops are not getting the job done over there.

Talk about undermining the efforts of our troops and giving more fodder to the enemy.

This is exactly why when I hear people like her say that she's against the war but supports the troops, it's pure bullshit! Making a statement like this one proves that deep down she does not support our soldiers.

She should be ashamed of herself. She should resign.

Don Cardi

You know, I was only in Vietnam for about a year when I got wounded. But durin ghtta year or so the only peolle i gave a damn about hearing from were my my family. They wrote quite a bit and sent me the Pittsburgh Press and it use to arrive sometimes weeks late. I didn't care about any so called support except from them. So, I don't get you or others talking about supporting troops. What in the world does that mean anyway? I volunteered. i knew why and I was satisfied with that. I didn't care about what anyone had to say. Noone had to support me.

How i nthe world do you expect a democracy to function if people don't express their opinions. Foreign policy is not a function of troops; it's the other way around. Yeah, they're not geeting the job done over there. The enemy is still undefeated. So, if the enemy is still undefeated and able to oeprate seeminglyy at will, then the troops there have not defeated the enemy whichis why they sent there in the first place.

We engaged in missions and expeditions almost ecey day. Sometimes we found the enemy, sometimes we didn't. Soemtimes we killed them and sometimes they killed us. We went ove there to defeat the Communisits. We didn't do that. We could have stayed there a hundred years and I doubt if we would have won. We killed plenty of them. They would drag off their dead, but still they left a whole bunch of them behind. But that still didn't stop them. They kept comiong because it was their country. Then the NVA joined in ( infacvt, my first fight was with NVA) and they were good.

Again, I didn't need any support except from my family. I did what I did because I wanted to. Had part of bicep not been blown away I would have stayed there and maybe got killed there but that is what I chose to do. Most of the guys around me were drafted. i don't remember hearing them gripe much except about stuff like the food, or rain, or bugs and stuff. They didn't have a choice, I did.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."