Cristina, Are you, by any chance, a nun?? That last post of yours seriously reminded me of my Catholic school education! wink

As to your other post, no, I don't believe that Michael's feelings of regret are because he truly didn't have to do it; I believe he regrets that he HAD to do it. He had a very different future planned. He wanted something else for his life. I believe that he was sorry for choosing a life where he would be forced to make a decision about his brother's life or death - not the decision itself. A fine line of distinction, but a definitive one.

As for Pentangeli, I don't believe that Michael brought his brother to court to frighten him. I think that Michael speaks the truth when he says that "it was between the brothers". Vincenzo Pentangeli's presence reminded his brother about the oath of silence that they had taken. And this is supported by Tom's statement (in Sicilian) to Vincenzo about the honor of the family being intact after Frankie refuses to testify. However, Frankie still needs to be punished for his transgression - even he realizes it. He is the one that proposes his suicide to Tom in exchange for his family being taken care of. And he doesn't seem terrified to me, only resigned.

And Roth? Sorry, Roth had to die. No two ways about it.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club