Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
How could he disgrace the Corleone's, a legitimate power to be reckoned with, by letting himself get slapped around by a nobody like Moe Greene?!! Just another reason for Michael to be pissed at him.
I have to agree with you about that. When watching that scene I've always felt that Michael was both emarrassed and pissed that Fredo, a Corleone, allowed Moe Green to treat him the way that he did.

I also feel that when Michael tells Moe " You straighten my brother out," that he says it not so much in defense of Fredo, but more of a " You straighten MY BROTHER, MICHAEL CORLEONE'S BROTHER around?" It was more a message of "you're disrespecting Michael Corleone by slapping my brother around." then one of " You've disrespected Fredo Corleone."

In Michael's mind, the fact that Moe slapped Fredo around was more of a blow to Michael Corleone's honor, than one to Fredo's own honor.

Poor Fredo. Weak poor Fredo. tongue wink

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.