Hey, Plaw, I thought there was a football game on tonight! tongue

OK, Plaw and I disagree, DC and Plaw agree, DC and I disagree, and Apple and I agree. Was that a pig that just flew past my window??? wink

Seriously, How can anyone even question the necessity of Fredo's removal?? I am so SICK of everyone wringing their hands over "poor, weak, helpless Fredo!" Puh-leeze!! He was a jealous and impotent man. He was completely incapable of running his own affairs, and yet he resented that he constantly had to turn to Michael for help. He even needed Michael's man to drag his drunken slut of a wife off of the dance floor!!

He was angry and bitter and, above all, absolutely chartreuse with envy. Never underestimate envy. He set his brother up for some harm (hit or not, he had to know that Roth was up to something bad), then cried about being passed over, his mommy told him he was a gypsy, he didn't have a nice wife like Kay (if he only knew), he only had Mickey Mouse nightclubs, wah, wah, wah.

Then he's shocked when Michael exiles him. And we're supposed to be shocked when Michael has him killed? Of course there was an inherent danger in letting Fredo live out his days rowing Anthony around Lake Tahoe! How do you know that in 3 or 5 or 7 years, Fredo isn't going to get pissy again? Oh, my little brother Mike, he makes me row his whiny kid around all day, and I'm the older brother!! Wah, wah, wah... Then he unwittingly sets up Mary or Anthony for kidnap or murder, by being promised that there's something in it for him.

In that world, treachery can't be forgiven. It's unthinkable. And you all know it. If Fredo and Mike weren't brothers, you wouldn't care that he was eliminated.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club