If you are referring to the original book Donnie Brasco, the answer is yes - absolutely. And, if you haven't seen the movie version, I would say read the book first.

As far as The Way of the Wiseguy, I know others may disagree with me somewhat, but I enjoyed it. Be advised, though, that the book is a rather quick read, and do not expect anywhere near the substance of Donnie Brasco. Even though it is informative, it really seems that Pistone just wrote the thing to make a quick dollar. I'm not sorry I read it, though. Also, truth be told, searching the Internet at sites like BookFinder4U.com allowed me to save a lot of money on these books.

Another book I'd recommend is The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Mafia - Second Edition by Jerry Capeci. (I was able to find this online for around $5.00 including postage.) Excellent book, and the author's website Gang Land is definitely worth checking out.

Now, regarding Pistone's new book Donnie Brasco: Unfinished Business, it's just come out so I haven't gotten around to that one yet. There is a thread about it elsewhere in this very forum.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."