Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Instead, he allowed his own self interests and jealousy to determine his actions.
On that statement, all alone and by itself, I do agree.

Maybe I should have said that Fredo didn't look at it is an act of betrayal or as being a traitor. It's more likely that he looked at it as a way of getting back at Michael by showing him up.

It's true that he was mad at Mike, for he admits this to Mike in Cuba when they are alone having a drink.

But IMO his being mad at Mike was not one where he intentionally set out to betray Mike. His trying to do something on his own was his way of paying Mike back out of anger.

When you love someone, but may be mad at them, you may try to prove them wrong, prove something to them, but not neccessarily look to hurt them while doing so.

But the bottom line for me is that NO ONE will ever convince me that Michael was justified in killing his brother. It was cold. And eventually Michael came to realize that what he did was wrong. In trying to save his family, he lost it.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.