Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
The bottom line here is that no one should ever criticize another because they may be upset or mourning the death of an animal. I don't see anything wrong with someone showing some compassion, be it for a human being or an animal.
Don Cardi

Exactly. People cry in the movies, and reading books, even watching television shows. People get excited or saddened depending on the outcome of a sports event, or how their favorite team places in the final standings. This doesn't mean the value of a sad enging to a movie or an unfavorable result in a game is equal to the death of a human it is simply something that strikes at the emotions. People such as myself are saddened by the death of a horse we had never even heard of before the Kentucky Derby last year, are touched by the entire story. The point is many put an emotional investment in the survival of this particular horse and when he was put down people felt a loss.

While I believe the the death of a human is more tragic than the death of a horse, but for those of you who are outraged that we would mourn a horse, I suggest this: get today's paper and read through the obituaries. Unless you know who the person was you will go through them and more likely than not, you wont feel much sorrow at all. That's because you dont know who these people are, and you had no emotional investment in their lives. Does this mean their deaths are not sad and even tragic to their friends and families?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."