Where did you hear he beat his dog to death? I've never had a problem with him and like his commentary, but if this is true, he just lost A LOT of respect in my book. I f*cking hate people who abuse animals (or worse, beat them to death)!

Yankees seek working agreement with China baseball

A contingent of executives from the New York Yankees will fly to China next week with the hope of concluding ongoing negotiations on a working agreement with the China Baseball Association. This could lead to the Yankees dispatching coaches and trainers to work with players in China, and perhaps, in years to come, beginning a baseball academy.

According to a major league executive who has been briefed on the Yankees' intentions, the Yankees -- operating in consultation with Major League Baseball -- have been in negotiations for seven months on this deal. The Yankees' goal is to get their brand into the world's most populated nation, and put themselves in position, down the road, to scout talent, while working with members of the CBA to improve the state of baseball in China.

Similarly, the Los Angeles Dodgers and Toronto Blue Jays were the first teams to firmly establish themselves in the Dominican Republic, and benefited greatly. Nothing prevents other Major League Baseball teams from attempting to reach the same strategic alliance that the Yankees hope to soon formalize.

If the agreement is finalized, the Yankees "intend to make an investment in baseball in China," said the executive. "They intend to assign the coaches and trainers there for extended periods of time." In addition, the Yankees will serve as host to representatives from the China Baseball Association in the U.S., giving them an opportunity to observe baseball operations here.

Yankees executives, including President Randy Levine, General Manager Brian Cashman, and assistant GM Jean Afterman, will also visit teams in Japan as part of their travel to the Far East.

Source: ESPN