Originally posted by Turnbull:
To my mind, Vincent should have been sitting quietly because I didn't discern any credible sequences that indicated he'd risen in the hierarchy by that time.
Well I have to agree with Turnbull about this. One second, Vincent is this wild, hot tempered person, and the next minute, he's calling the shots and running the family. rolleyes

As I've said before, for the most part I think that GFIII has gotten a bad rap over the years due to people trying to compare it with GFI and GFII. What I've always liked about GFIII was how are shown Michael's quest for redemption and forgiveness, from God, Kay and from himself.

However I always felt that FFC could have did a much better job in the development of the Vincent character. Why couldn't we see a transformation take place with Vincent, just like we saw with a young Michael in GFI? We were shown the different stages that Michael went through to become the Don. There was absolutely no reason why FFC couldn't have done the same thing with Vincent's character. Instead of wasting time with the incestual plot, that screen time could have better been served by spending more time with the development and transformation of Vincent. There was so much potential with Vincent's character, and FFC did not take the time nor opportunity to build on the potential of the Vincent character. To me, that was the weakness of GFIII, the uncaring way that FFC had Vincent go from street punk to Don, with nothing in between.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.