DeNiro, my problem is that when people want to know "should I rent this movie?" for a certain catalogue title, I do know that some folks trust me, or at least seem to think I'm at least decent with recommendations.

REPO MAN? Really good 1980's cult classic.

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA? Popcorn-fun post-modernistic joke on the 1970s/1980s Action/Martial Arts protagonist.

TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE remake and prequel? Dogshit.

Then again, its like Devin Farraci of CHUD, a critic that tends to piss me off.

I remembered when he bodyslammed BATMAN BEGINS harder than anyone ever did to Paris Hilton. Unfortunate, but hey not everyone digs Batman or comic book movies or whatever. Shit happens.

Then he praises the piece of moronic garbage FANTASTIC FOUR.

Logical consistency is nice. Take Capo and his pretty negative reviews for SCARFACE and MIAMI VICE. Two different movies, decades, filmmakers, etc., yet his logic consistency with both is sufficient.

Of course, I guess logical consistency is impossible to uphold. Hell, Roger Ebert trashed DIE HARD, yet put DIE HARD 2(you know, the crappy movie of the trilogy) on his top 10 list for 1990.

Go figure.

All I know is, I remembered being pissed at an English professor because he made me read THE CHOCOLATE WARS. Basically, kid told to sell chocolates to get funds for his school. With a poster in his locker saying "Disturb the Universe," he refuses to sell them, and he gets his ass ostricized, literally and figuratively, by the rest of the school. I thought originally, "what a downer of a depressing ending."

My professor's response?

"Remember the poster? Its half-complete. It should read "Disturb the Universe, but be ready for the consequences!""

So true, and this applies with criticism as well. I liked the idea that Irish keeps backing EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH, since its the new ragdoll for hate against recent crappy Hollywood comedies on the internet. He's on the right path. He's starting to make his own mark!