Saw III ** 1/2
(Second Viewing)

After eluding the cops, psychopathic killer Jigsaw turns an abandoned warehouse on the edge of town into a gruesome torture chamber in this third installment of the horror series. Jigsaw's new protégée Amanda kidnaps a doctor who's forced to keep the evil master alive. Barely clinging to life, Jigsaw begins to carry out his gruesome plans for the lady doc and another helpless victim.

I think as the Saw franchise has gone on in time, the movies have gotten worse. Not to say that they're terrible, but I feel that Saw II wasn't better than Saw and futhermore I feel Saw III wasn't any better than Saw II. These are still enjoyable movies, but I'm REALLY wondering how they're going to make a Saw IV before the end of the year no less, with what transpired in this latest installment. Writer Leigh Whannell, who has written all 3 Saw screenplays has that task ahead of him. I still do however consider Tobin Bell as the best choice for the Jigsaw character and Shawnee Smith has done a good job in the last 2 films as his apprentice.