SPOILER WARNING (for those who haven't watched the first 4 episodes of this season)

-

-

-

-

-

I literally shot up off the sofa and put my hands over my mouth when I saw Jack shoot Curtis. And the look in Curtis' eyes was that of utter shock...and heartbreak. I don't know what the Chinese did to Jack for the 20 months he was detained, but he's definitely a changed man.

Overall, though, this may have been the best season premier yet of 24...even rivaling last season's shocking premier. This is absolutely the best, quickest, and most heart-pounding hour on television. I ask myself at the beginning of every season if the writers can still come up with compelling storylines...and luckily for us fans...they haven't disappointed.

The nuclear explosion at the end of the fourth hour really sums up the conclusion of this season premier.

However...like you DC, I'm shocked and saddened at the loss of Curtis Manning. He, too, was one of my favorite characters next to Jack. Hell...my three favorite characters on the show PERIOD (next to Jack) have been killed off in the last two seasons (President David Palmer, Tony Almeida, and now Curtis.)

I had a feeling Curtis would be killed off this season...but not this early. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake to get rid of him so soon.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis