Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
Originally Posted By: klydon1
I don't see many movies, but a few months ago I watched American History X and enjoyed it. I thought Edward Norton's performance was powerful.

There are some provocative scenes in films, which may be well done, but deal with an intensity or unpleasant subject matter, that make it difficult to view a second time. The scene where Norton's character erupts in a bigoted and violent tirade at a dinner with his family and mother's Jewish boyfriend is one such scene that I wouldn't be in a hurry to revisit.

Should I check out Death to Smoochy?

Edward Norton is my favorite actor... But if you want to further explore his amazing talent, check out Fight Club if you haven't already done so. It's my favorite film of his, and although many people rate his performance just a small notch below that of American History X, I think they're about on the same tier. I'd also reccomend 25th Hour, Down in the Valley, and Rounders above Smoochy (although, Smoochy is excellent in its own way. And very funny, I will add).

I first remember seeing him in a movie where he was on trial for murder in a case that involved the arch-bishop of Boston. I thought he was great in that film.